Health Systems Diabetes Care Specialist (HSDCS) - NW Indiana JobApply now »
Date: May 20, 2017
Location: Merrillville, IN, US
Company: Novo Nordisk
Title Health Systems Diabetes Care Specialist (HSDCS) - NW Indiana
Job Category Sales
Job Description Health Systems Diabetes Care Specialist (HSDCS) - Peoria/Indiana N
This position represents Novo Nordisk to selected key academic centers, large community hospitals, Endocrinologists, Primary Care, Long-Term Care facilities and other stakeholders within an Integrated Delivery Network (IDN). This position has a goal of maximizing sales and positioning Novo Nordisk as a leader in the diabetes care market, within an assigned IDN. The Health System Diabetes Care Specialist I (HSDCS I) must achieve sales goals by successfully selling and promoting Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products to key physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other paramedical customers who make or are involved in purchasing, prescribing, and formulary decisions. This position also evaluates and recommends the most appropriate Novo Nordisk products, services and approved usage for the customers’ needs.
Externally, the HSDCS I maintains relationships with physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other key personnel within targeted IDN’s and community advocacy partners. The HSDCS I must collaborate and communicate with all other channels of business that support or are impacted by the IDN.
Internally, the HSDCS I reports to the Health System District Business Manager of the specific IDN district. The HSDCS I also interact on a regular basis with other field-based and home office employees covering the neighboring geographic areas.
* Manage and prioritize time and resources efficiently to attain maximum results in the sales territory with limited supervision.
* Exhibit strong understanding of contracts and ability to discuss economics of hospital and/or group, including quality metrics, as needed.
* Identify differentiating profiles between competing products.
* Inform hospital faculty, medical students, residents, interns as well as attending physicians, nurse practitioners and pharmacy personnel about the use of Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of products for care of diabetes, including the approved uses and advantages of Novo Nordisk’s products and services for their patients.
* Maintain knowledge of the most recent clinical studies to inform customers and address questions, concerns, and objections to the use of Novo Nordisk’s products.
* Participate in company-sponsored and/or company-approved training programs to constantly improve knowledge of Novo Nordisk’s products, competitive products, and sales and promotional skills.
* Establish call continuum working with internal stakeholders regarding all relevant parties assigned to IDN.
* Work with HSM/HSDBM to most effectively leverage marketing materials and product information to sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s products.
* Sell and promote Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products and services with a focus on endocrinologists, primary care physicians, institutions, discharge planners and other key personnel who make or influence at the IDN’s prescribing decisions to include large scale presentations to external customers.
* Describe and market Novo Nordisk’s portfolio of diabetes products, emphasizing their features, benefits, imperatives, and which products are best suited for specific patient profiles or circumstances.
* Identify, understand, and evaluate the needs of the targeted IDN and increase sales of Novo Nordisk’s products by tailoring the approach for each call on each customer to achieve maximum results.
* Facilitate as appropriate other field force customer engagement as needed including RMA and DE.
* Implement and manage special marketing and other programs and special projects.
* Notify field sales management of any/all IDN programs or initiatives that could directly or indirectly effect or impact field sales activity.
* Work with HSM/HSDBM to identify and anticipate potential trends, changes to IDN conditions and areas of opportunity and incorporate into the District business plan.
* Develop and utilize relationships with specialists, key hospital decision-makers, and other individuals who make or influence the purchasing, prescribing, and/or formulary decisions (and others within the influence map).
* Analyze bidding policies/contracts in order to influence formulary status, as applicable.
* Tailor selling strategy to an institution rather than individual approach.
* Build, update, and implement yearly account plans and update periodically to maximize sales results.
* Research, understand and tailor account plans based on stakeholders and accounts’ business practices.
* Leverage and coordinate internal resources to tailor and deliver value proposition. Analyze impact of managed care in the territory and its effect on prescribing decisions, and modify sales and promotion strategies.
* Determine which individuals have greatest impact to sales and develop customized communication techniques to create lasting business relationships.
* Recognize and counter resistance to prescribing Novo Nordisk’s products. Routinely represent Novo Nordisk at academic institutions (i.e., in grand rounds), diabetes fellowship programs and journal clubs to impact residents and fellows.
* Approximately up to 50% overnight travel.
* Driving to hospitals and physicians or other field visits.
* Must maintain a valid driver’s license and obey all applicable traffic laws.
* Transporting samples, literature, AV equipment, and miscellaneous items to hospitals and physicians or other field visits.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* A bachelor’s degree required from college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, advanced degree preferred.
* At least 2 years of pharmaceuticals sales/marketing experience required.
* Demonstrated leadership and decision-making ability.
* Demonstrated ability to drive sales in multiple business channels.
* Expert knowledge of diabetes disease state and Novo Nordisk’s products is needed.
* Intermediate computer skills required (Windows, Word, Excel).
* Must be a self-starter and be able to evaluate options and make decisions on your own with minimal supervision.
* Prior computer experience using sales data/call reporting software preferred.
Department SALES - H INDIANAPOLIS IN
Position Location US - Field Based - Across US
State/Provinces US - IN
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting "Yes" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Nearest Major Market: Gary
Nearest Secondary Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Endocrinology, Medical, Pharmacy, Special Medicine, Field Sales, Healthcare, Sales